MUADIBŪ

It was noted by a poster in recent months, that removing a cast iron
tub can be quite difficult. Therefore it might be recommended to go
with Acrylic.

I can vouch for Cast Iron being a far more durable product in my lifes
experience though, and would recommend cast iron. Friendly to all
types of cleaners, and looks nice as long as it's cared for. Pretty
much several generations of usage without damage to the coating.

Both have their drawbacks, both have their advantages.

Cats iron (usually coated with porcelain ) will chip if something
heavy/sharp is dropped in it. Next to unrepairable without visual
reminder, and many times will rust out due to exposed metal. However
it can be done by spending a great deal of cash to have it done.
Damage is far more difficult to this product.

Drop the same item in an Acrylic tub, and you may not be able to bathe
*that day* without pouring water through the bottom of the tub and
destroying home structure. Repairs would be made with
fiberglass/acrylic repair materials, and look like hell also. (keep in
mind, this is only one persons experience) If an acrylic tub is cared
for , thay do look nice and last a long time. juts nowhere near as
long as a cast iron one. And..........You must be carefull what
cleaners you use ojn an acrylic tub. Some cleaners will eat the
surface (shine) off the tube and make it next to ugly.

See, both Suck.........LOL

Either way, it's truely about whether you like the "feel" of which,
and what kind of money you'd like to spend.

Like I have said (this for the third time) this is only my experience.
The products built today may not be as good when buying a cast iron
model, as they were in the past, and the Acrylic tubs may be far
superior to what I have dealt with even lately.

Good luck.

we are planning to remodel one of our bathrooms which is used
primarily by our daughter ans is also used as the "guest" bathroom.
the plans call for replacing a cast iron bathtub. are there any
benefits or drawbacks in using acrylic versus cast iron when we
replace this tub? she takes showers exclusively, however this is the
only "full" bathroom in the house. thanks for any/all advise &
recommendations.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html