Bill

On Sat, 07 May 2005 18:13:59 -0500, Peabody
wrote:

I'm tired of vacuuming my plaster pool, and am looking at automatic
cleaners, particularly the suction type.

The Kreepy Krauly appears to be the most popular, but I see some
complaints about the frequent need to buy repair parts. Apparently
this is part of their business plan.

My local pool store guy sells the KK, but prefers the Polaris 140,
which is $50 less, and doesn't need parts all the time.

And then there's the Baracuda, about which I know nothing.

I would appreciate any opinions on these, or links to discussions
about them.

Hey Peabody!
I am on my second inground vinyl liner pool and have been using the
"Polaris" pool cleaner quite successfully. It has a separate pump that
provides power for it to suck debris off the bottom of the pool and
store in a net bag as it rolls all over the bottom in random orbits.
It's not a cheap pool cleaner but it works good!

Regards,
Bill