calhoun

I have an old miter box I use just for metal. It is fine for smaller pieces
but not as good as a chop saw for bigger stuff. Seems a chop saw has more
torque and won't bog down as much. Maybe the gearing is different.
If you have a lot of work to do, it is no substitute for the real thing. It
will work for the occasional cuts. Clean up your wood saw well before using.
I caught my blade guard on fire the first time I used it. The resin residue
had accumulated on the inside of the plastic guard and it is combustible.
"G. Grant" wrote in message
Can I use my 10" compound miter saw to cut ferrous metal? Abrasive chop
saw
wheels have the same arbor size (5/8") and similar speeds (3900 - 5000
rpm).
My saw is rated at 15 amps and runs 4800 rpm. If not, please explain why.
Thanks!