C & M

If you're willing to spend that kind of change I'd go with the unit that
moves the most air. My experience is with the Harbor Freight unit in just
the same situation as you discribe. Hooked up to a 4" PVC run and gates at
each hose connection the unit has no trouble with any of the desribed
equipment. I would suggest that you add a second stage separator to take
some of the load and potential damage off of the main unit. I used a small,
steel drum (20 gal or so), lined with a heavy trash bag which is weighted to
keep it down. This catches 90% of the dust and debis. I've got no
complaints with the HF unit.

"michael moorman" wrote in message
link.net...
I am considering purchasing 1 of these for use in my garage sized shop.

Will
use with contractor saw, bench top planner, 6" belt sander, disk sander,

and
band saw. Usually 1 tool at a time.

Jet 708626RCK DC-1100, 1.5 hp, 1100 cfm, 2 micron canister $ 445 free

shipping

Penn State DC2000CF, 2hp, 1500 cfm, 1 micron canister $ 399 + shipping

Grizzly G0548, 2hp, 1700 cfm, 1 micron filter canister, $495 + shipping

Any thoughts about sizing or experience with these systems would be

greatly
appreciated.

thanks

mike moorman