Tom Storey

That lathe description sounds familiar. I may have the same one sitting,
unused, in the back shop. As long as everything is running true and the
motor is ok, it'll do fine for most turning that does not require great
power. The stand takes up quite a bit of room but it's worth about a hundred
bucks if you were you to buy it separately. I have no opinion about the
tools.

fwiw, Tom

"Jack Fearnley" wrote in message
Leo Lichtman wrote:

"Jack Fearnley" wrote: I am looking at a Craftsman lathe model #
113.228000C (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It would help if you gave us a physical description of the lathe. Most
of
us have seen the various Craftsman models, but few remember the model
numbers by heart.

I don't know much about lathes. This model dates from 1989 according to
Sears. It takes 36" length and up to 12" diameter. Speed is changed by
moving the belt on different pulleys. It seems pretty rugged.

As I said, at $200 Canadian it might be to good to pass up even though I
am
racking my brains on where to put it if I get it.

Best Regards,
Jack Fearnley