Chas

Hello Twistdrill,

If you want to take the easy way, the half nuts are probably still available
from Hercus, at a price.

Another source is Mick Moyle's Engineering Supplies at 40 Edward St Summer
Hill 2130, phone (02) 9799 8444. You can email them: .
Last time I was there they had a set of half nuts in stock.

I have no connection with the company except as an occasional customer.
--
Regards, Chas.

To Email, replace 'xxx' with tango papa golf.

wrote in message
oups.com...
hello everyone
the half nuts on my 9"hercus lathe are worn out.
I about to try and repair them. They look like a 3/4 acme thread.
Would that be right?
A hercus is a direct copy of a 9" southbend lathe, did they use an amce
or square
thread on their leadscrew?
Any information would be greatly appriciated
kind Regards
Twistdrill