DeepDiver

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
. ..
One of my mechanics is claiming carpal tunnel. I always thought
repetitive motion was to blame. He does general repair and maintenance
and set-ups, usually with nothing more than a set of Allan wrenches and a
8" crescent. I'm a little leery after he declared bankruptcy a few years
ago after applying for and maxing-out numerous credit cards to get all the
building materials and rehabbing three houses, go on dive and ski trips
and buy his then girlfriend a $10k diamond ring. In fact, he wanted to be
paid under the table for the process...I refused. He's lawyered up and
refuses our medical protocol. It's rumored that he has another job lined
up. I just smell a scam. I know, management is always trying to screw
the worker but I value, reward and love my people...he's always been just
a "Them" but he's been treated with kid gloves because he IS bright and
resourceful but always needed constant motivation. I've always tried to
maximize someone's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Does anybody have any experience with carpal tunnel syndrome? Is it
common to be caused by a mechanic's work? Gee, do you think rehabbing
three houses could have been more strain than his job? Or, his Wet-bike?

Hello Tom,

I'm replying to you directly on the off-chance that this guy (or one of his
friends) might read this newsgroup or do a Google search some time in the
future.

- Michael