On 22 May 2005 16:17:33 -0700, wrote:

Theater gels are also available, but are steeply priced considering the
other options.

We originally tried using a "sky blue" blue coloured gel. We wrapped
the gel closely around the bulb but found that it gave a poor result.

We have tried again, but this time we have put the gel up against the
inside of the garden lights holder / shield and it looks really good.

The garden lights had a black plastic cap. We have found that we can
increase the quality of the lighting by putting a thin strip of silver
foil in the cap to reflect the light back down.

It looks really good. The whole garden is covered in "sky blue" light.

I found a company that produces a whole range of gels. £5 per roll +
£5 for delivery. The roll is large and could do a substantial number
of lights.

http://www.sabre-international.com/f.../cpti.231/rp.1

Graham