C & M

$50 on sale, I believe, which is why I am a bit suspect of the quality!
Like most of their stuff, 'Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances'.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article ,
"C & M" wrote:

I see these guns listed on-sale in HF (yea, I know) and wondered if any

of
you have had any success using these in lieu of a 'real' HVLP system.

Are
they really better than a standard spray gun?
TIA,
Chiz

I needed to spray a headboard a couple of weeks ago, and borrowed a
Husky HVLP gravity-fed gun from an acquaintance. I liked it enough to
buy one. I have full access to my old company's booth which has a
DeVilbiss HVLP pressure-pot fed pro system and it had spoiled me over
the last few years. I was pleasantly surprised at the performance and
quality of the much cheaper Husky... like about a quarter of the price
for the gun alone.
I don't think I'd attempt a Flip-Flop Sikkens Pearl coat on a Porsche
with it, but for any kind of lacquer or poly, it's pretty good.
I paid $148.00 Can$ for it here at Home Despot (SKU 128-335) so I think
in the US you'd be closer to $100.00 (SKU 551-334)
MUCH better than a standard bottom-fed gun.
At about 6 cfm @ 40 psi, it's a bit of a hog though.

How much less is the Harbour Fright gun?