Derek wrote:
I have a small 7" x 10" mini lathe for hobby stuff etc.
I'm looking at buying a quick change tool post from Harbor Freight,
there are 2 that seem to fit the bill according to my budget.

Namely :-

and,

While I understand these are bare bones, budget type posts, I would
appreciate any input/feedback on these. Is there any real advantage
between the two considering the nonimal price difference. Bear in
mind, I have more fun shaving steel than producing an end product
and my teeth curl when I see my Kid using a cut-off tool for shaping
metal.

Thanks.

www.littlemachineshop.com has most everything for these little
critters, they'd certainly have some good recommendations for tool
posts. If you're not a already a member, there's also a 7x lathe group
over on Yahoo groups, that very topic has been kicked around a lot,
look in the archives.

Stan