Vic Baron

"Rob Johnstone" wrote in message
m...
The Woodworker's Journal book

It is disturbing for me to read the thread about the Woodworker's
Journal book. I can assure you that there was no intention of causing
aggravation and for that I apologize.

snip

Well. my two cents also -

For all those who are bitching - lighten up. I defend your right to bitch
but really! Have none of you ever heard of marketing? They deal in
statistics and percentages. Mail out 10,000 books like this - you'll get
some back, some will be kept and SOME will get paid for. That's the way it
works. That's the way it has ALWAYS worked. AND in spite of the bitching,
that's the way it will continue to work. Why? BECAUSE THE MARKETING METHOD
WORKS AND THEY MAKE MONEY!

It was stated that they are a "for profit" business.

I kept the book - IMHO it was so-so - not worth buying but it was free. I've
received two invoices since - guess what - I threw them out.

To those who worry that their credit rating will be destroyed..... I'd worry
about the sky falling first - that could be dangerous.

As far as different price levels for renewals - respectfully, what world
have you been living in? I have heard this same complaint, AND have made it
myself for the last 60 years. There were times when I found it easier to
cancel my current subscription to a magazine and get a refund and then re-up
at a lower rate than.

I have often had the impression that different areas of publishing don't
talk to each other.

Anyhow, as stated, that's *MY* two cents worth.

Keep sending out the free books boys - love freebies!!!!

Vic