John Flatley

Ed,

When you renewed your subscription for $24.95 you got a deal/service/bargain
that you wanted. I assume you thought that was a fair price, that's why you
renewed. At a later point a the magazine changed the offer. Why they
lowered the price, doesn't really doesn't matter, they did. That's a
business decision they made. I don't understand why that should bother you.
You renewed your subscription. At a price you wanted to pay. If you feel
taken, ask for the reduced price or get a refund. Just remember, you got
what you wanted at a price you wanted to pay.

The Woulda, Coulda and Shoulda game is only to be played to learn and grow.
Learn something and move on.

Jack
Jacksonville, FL

--
"We are measured by the size and importance of the things that upset us."

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Rob Johnstone" wrote in message
m...
The Woodworker's Journal book

The first book in a series like this always contains a "no strings
attached" offer. If you like it, and would like to see more, you can
buy it. If you don't like it, there are two choices. You can return
it, at our expense (return label is included), or simply consider it a
free gift and do with it as you will. That's all clearly stated in the
letter that comes with the book. As a side point, we have recently
added a good-sized "bubble" on the outside of the book packaging
that says "No obligation opportunity. Please read enclosed letter"
just to be very clear. Again, I apologize for the aggravation.

Rob Johnstone,
Editor, Woodworker's Journal

Thank you for replying to all the postings here. What you did not address
though, was the repeated invoicing for the singe book. Frankly, it ticked
me off when I got the second invoice. No, I did not send the book back,

no,
I did not join. I do not however, want to be badgered for my decision. I
know there is no obligation. You took a risk and in this case lot out.

Another matter is the cost of a subscription. I recently (and probably
foolishly) sent a check to re-up the magazine for $24.95. The check was

sent
and cashed in April. Now I get another request for me to re-subscribe,

but
the price has dropped to $19.95 for the same deal. What am I missing

here,
aside from 5 bucks? Obviously, waiting to the last minute is beneficial

me. Please address this concern also. I feel hoodwinked. The bill says
this is for "preferred subscribers" Was I not preferred last month?

So far, WJ has not been a happy decision for me. I don't know if I want

remain a subscriber knowing that I'm not always getting a fair deal up
front. If you want to check this, you have my name and my address in
Putnam, CT 06260.

I await patiently for your reply.
Ed Pawlowski