Edwin Pawlowski

"Lee Gordon" wrote in message

I don't know about you, but where I come from we don't get upset when the
price of something we use and enjoy goes down. We take advantage of it.

My concern is about mulitiple pricing schemes. Did it go down for everyone?
Is this a tactic for renewal where the price drops as it gets closer to the
last issue? Do you have a problem with finding that out?

Here's the good news: the same situation applies to magazines. When
Woodcraft Magazine was first announced, a lot of people around here balked
at the 6 issues for $39.95 subscription price. Nevertheless, some people
bit the bullet and subscribed anyway. But the publishers obviously got
wind
of the dissatisfaction with what was perceived as a high price and did
what
any smart business people would do: they made an adjustment in response
the marketplace. Now you can subscribe to Woodcraft and get 7 issues
for
$19.97, a price most people find more agreeable.

Here is the bad news. I'm a Woodcraft customer. I get their weekly
newsletter and in one issue they announced the magazine and the opportunity
to subscribe. I clicked the link and it took me to the page whee I could
sign up for $39.95. I thought it was high and frankly, I expected that
loyal customers would have gotten a special deal. We did not.

What is so bad about that? I did not sign up at $19.95 either. One less
subscriber to help with their advertising rates. AJ did say t hat Woodcrat
Magazine is a separate entity from the Woodcraft stores. That is true, but
we tend to make those associations that they are somehow connected. It
makes me feel that Woodcraft is a rung or two lower on the ladder than they
could have been. Meantime, my local franchise is still a good store and I'll
probably continue to buy from them.
Ed