Gunner

On 25 May 2005 15:49:45 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:45:24 -0700, Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

What Grant said. I, too, have noticed wheel weights, and have picked them
up when convenient. If 13% of the autos were losing them, I'd have tons of
lead, and I don't. They make great bullets for those of us that hand load
for revolvers.

Years ago, I bought two 5-gallon pails full of wheelweights at an
auction. Hey, 2 bucks is 2 bucks, y'know? So, I melted them down
(outside) into ingots. I've got 5 ammo cans full of wheelweight ingots,
another two full of .22 bullet lead melted into ingots, and a bunch of
picked up centerfire pistol bullets in more cans. Some day, I'll use
some of 'em. Point is, I see you're in TDS world - anywhere near
Milwaukee or Madison, and if so, do you want a can of lead WW ingots?

Dave Hinz

The 22 bullet ingots are very soft and are pretty much unsuitable for
high power pistol bullets without adding some tin. They do work ok
for black powder projectiles though or low velocity smokeless loads.
They are an odd alloy.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner