alexy

(Rob Johnstone) wrote:

The Woodworker's Journal book

It is disturbing for me to read the thread about the Woodworker's
Journal book. I can assure you that there was no intention of causing
aggravation and for that I apologize.

Nice reply, I don't have first-hand knowledge of this situation, but
have some comments based on the notes here.

First of all, I suspect that you are legally in the clear, and I
suspect that what is being characterized here as followup bills for
the book are probably technically repeat invitations to pay for that
book and join the club. If not, maybe you need to think about getting
a new lawyer. If so, maybe you need to think about getting a new ad
copy writer.

Seriously, no matter if your communications are okay from a legal
perspective, they clearly are ticking off some folks here. That should
raise a red flag for you that some things are being [mis]interpreted
in ways you did not intend. Surely you don't want lots of your
subscribers getting upset at you. While it is a small number
complaining here, you probably also have only a small number of
subscribers here, and I don't know what percentage it might be of that
very small sample of your readership.

So, explaining here is good, but look inward, too.