Charlie Self

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"A.J. Hamler" wrote in message

A couple of weeks back when it was Woodcraft Magazine under attack, I
not only attempted to explain all of this, but also stood up for Rob
and WWJ's book promotions because the situations were so similar. (I
seem to recall that I was criticized for that by a couple of posters.)
But it's the same thing. There's nothing sleazy here, nothing
underhanded. Rob's a great guy and edits a fine publication. He has
better things to do than scam woodworkers.

Hi, AJ

Yes, it's me again! Please see my reply to Rob. Stand up guy that he is,
I'm sure he will answer my question about variable subscription rates.
Maybe it is just me, but I'm getting this distrust of the magazine
publishing industry. Perhaps there is nothing sleazy and underhanded about
asking for more money in April than in May for the same product. ****ed me
off though. You really should stop and find out the facts before defending
someone that has questionable billing policies. Do all you guys in the
business do that? How about an insider tip as to the best time to renew
subscriptions to get the best deal? Most all of us on this newsgroup
subscribe to a couple of magazines and can use your insight to wind around
the path of multi billings to the best value. Does Woodcraft Magazine to
the same?

Your questions are better addressed to those who control those aspect
of the publications, and that person is NOT the editor. Check under
such titles as Publisher, Circulation Director and so on. The editor
works with magazine content and layout. You really should stop and find
out the facts before you criticize those who do not deal with the
subject you're objecting to.