william kossack

I have nothing against shows or people doing them. Its just that I get
so little time to do turning (maybe 1 day a week if I'm lucky) that I
can't see myself doing them.

George wrote:
"william kossack" wrote in message

The idea of standing at a craft show table all weekend does not interest
me. I would rather spend my time making sawdust.

As soon as you find out that painters think they're the only "artists" in a
show, and start to hang out with the rest, there's good company. You also
meet a lot of other folks who "could do it too," or even "better" there.
One or two of them in any show are even turners. Leaving the kids - whose
college the sales pay - to watch the stand, and shooting the breeze with
wood folk and potters makes a great day or weekend.

Though you may see them only a couple times a year, you get to see the
pictures and hear the stories over breakfast or dinner, and share a cuppa at
the campground. This year I have pictures of my grandsons, who were only
burden to their mother a year ago September.