The Natural Philosopher

Tony Bryer wrote:

In article , Pike wrote:

I going to be pouring foundations for a dwarf wall conservatory
soon, unfortunatly it looks like I will have to mix the concrete
myself using a mixer rather than use ready mixed. Over what period
of time can the concrete be poured, as I'm worried that the first
lot will start setting before it is all finished .

Even if it does there's no real problem. If you've got the sort of
mixer that goes on a rotating stand it may make life easier if you can
position the mixer so that you shovel the ballast straight into it
then rotate and tip straight into the trench, rather than barrowing
wet concrete (which is heavy)

About a couple of hours it stays more or less liquid..

Oh bugger. The cat's having kittens behind the 19" rack and theres
placenta all over the place.

Excuse me...nature calls..