Bob Minchin

pike wrote in message ...

I going to be pouring foundations for a dwarf wall conservatory soon,
unfortunatly it looks like I will have to mix the concrete myself using
a mixer rather than use ready mixed. Over what period of time can the
concrete be poured, as I'm worried that the first lot will start
setting before it is all finished . I'm guessing it will take a quite a
few hours to mix enough up to complete the foundations, I've estimated
that around 2.7m3 is required.

Thanks
Andy

--
pike

Have you checked to see if there is a Mixamate service in your area?

Normally listed in Yellow pages. These guys turn up with a wagon full of
ballast and cement and water. Their wagon has a big mixer fixed on the back
and they mix while you barrow and pour. They provide barrows. you will need
two people barrowing full time and possible someone to level off/tamp plus
wifey to make tea for the operator. They allow you 30 mins per M cubed to
place it before the possibility of additional charges. Mugs of tea usually
work to distract the operator from looking at his watch.
The best bit is that you order the nominal quantity you need and the chap
will mix a bit less/bit more to complete the job.
I've used them a few times and overall it works out quite cost/time
effective. Last time was a couple of years ago and it cost about £80/m
cubed.

Bob