Dave Hinz

On Wed, 25 May 2005 15:55:40 -0400, Odinn wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

I've got one Linux box that has an uptime of (checks) 1004 days.

Longest I have up is 419 days, FreeBSD, and only because of a major
power outtage (UPS couldn't last 13 hrs). Prior to that, it had a 642
day uptime.

Nice. Does FreeBSD have the bug where after 497 days, the uptime
display starts over at 0 days? First time that linux box did it, I
spent some non-trivial time trying to figure out what the hell went
wrong. Turned out I just was seeing the uptime reporting bug.

Been around that twice on the system described above. It was a sunday
morning in 2002 when it was last bounced...and that was a planned
reboot. It. Just. Works.