Harold and Susan Vordos

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 May 2005 21:45:24 -0700, Harold and Susan Vordos

wrote:

What Grant said. I, too, have noticed wheel weights, and have picked

them
up when convenient. If 13% of the autos were losing them, I'd have tons

of
lead, and I don't. They make great bullets for those of us that hand

load
for revolvers.

Years ago, I bought two 5-gallon pails full of wheelweights at an
auction. Hey, 2 bucks is 2 bucks, y'know? So, I melted them down
(outside) into ingots. I've got 5 ammo cans full of wheelweight ingots,
another two full of .22 bullet lead melted into ingots, and a bunch of
picked up centerfire pistol bullets in more cans. Some day, I'll use
some of 'em. Point is, I see you're in TDS world - anywhere near
Milwaukee or Madison, and if so, do you want a can of lead WW ingots?

Dave Hinz

My addy can be misleading. I was a member of the community council when
it was first established by TDS (at least locally), so I became somewhat
familiar with them. They are a small phone company in the scheme of
things, but slowly growing by buying even smaller phone companies. That's
what happened in our case. We're in Lewis County, Washington State. The
McDaniels family started the phone company here many, many years ago, and
ran it successfully until the late 90's. They still owned the business when
we moved here from Utah. About a year later, TDS bought them and changed
the name. At that time, TDS was comprised of something like 109 small
companies spread around the nation, including another in Paonia, CO, a small
town I had visited, so I remember it well.

Bottom line: I'm a long ways away, but I sure as hell appreciate your kind
offer, which I'd snap up in a heart-beat were we closer together.

Harold