tarquinlinbin

On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:58:16 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

As I got paid call out for both jobs I wasn't bothered but it does beg the
question what "service" was actually given in these cases.
As to your secondary point about a guy giving his time for free - "he" is
paid by Transco as part of the conditions for them to be the licenced
transporters of gas. The cost of this service is included in their charges
down the line so ultimately the consumer does pay for it even if only a
share.

I do sympathise,but again i have to remind you of market forces and
the new competitive privatised gas industry. Under the new current
"meter separation" arrangments,Transco is now solely a PGT (public gas
transporter) and ESP (Emergency service provider). Transco
responsibility until recently was up to the meter outlet. Under meter
separation,responisbility ends at the main tap outlet !. Any work on
leaking or defective meters,flexes,regulators etc is covered under a
PEMs (Post emergency metering) contract. I.E your gas shipper must
have a Pems contract in place with NGT otherwise any defects on the
meter and inlet will not be dealt with by NGT.

NGT mans core responsibilty is to make safe only. He may well find the
leak during the course of his enquiries but is under no obligation to
fix it unless it is on NGT network or it is in the meter/inlet and
there is a PEMs contract in place. NGT is a commercial operation. If
NGT man messes around fixing things that he is not obliged to fix,his
productivity and therefore the profitability of NGT is affected and
then Ofgem get upset.

CORGI have recently issued guidance which discourages NGT man from
getting involved with appliances as,although they accept
competence,they state that NGT mans core duety is as an ESP and he
must make safe only.

Be a good Global citizen-CONSUMECONFORMOBEY

Circumcision- A crime and an abuse.
http://www.sexuallymutilatedchild.org/