Nick Wilson wrote:
Hi

This is slightly OT as I don't plan to do it myself but...

We have a truss roof (if that's the right term for a roof thats made

up
from an array of prefabricated wooden triangles). The roof space is
full of criss-cross wooden beams so I guess that a loft conversion
would require a complete new roof. Has anyone here done a loft
conversion on a roof like this and what was involved?

Many thanks

Nick

the extra wood enables them to make it all from matchsticks. New larger
wood can be added alongside the existing roof timbers, then the
matchwood forest cut away.

There may be more to it though, eg bracing, purlins, firebreak, etc.

NT