Jason D.

On 23 May 2005 19:05:10 -0700, "
wrote:

There are some discrete components on this board I can test but there
is also a chip I know noting about. Are there any specific tests I can
make to rule the chip or for that matter the entire board out? Thanks,
Lenny.

Lenny, this chip is LMxxx dual op amp, you can google for the
datasheet on IC by 'net by typing in part number on that IC by google
LM358 pdf

RCA very often didn't form the legs on that PIN transistor so means
transistor isn't sitting flat on the heatsink and it fries. The 68uF
NP can be bad as well (usually swelled or burst.)

ATC113 and CTC203 is exact same in horizontal circuits, vertical and
power supply. Changed in micro, jungle and video signals which is
more complicated than CTC203!! And different AV boards depending on
models. So your experience in that areas is good.

HOWEVER: When I see a blown HOT and no glue on the L14401 (I think
LL0x in case of ATC113), therefore the flyback transformer is bad as
well. As long as the horizontal cap is good. The PIN circuit rarely
takes out the HOT unless owner ingored the warning signs like a severe
bowed picture too long.

Cheers, Wizard