Default RCA ATC113CA1 squeals

I've never worked on one of these. This looks alot like a CTC203
chassis. I found that the HOT is shorted. I was going to replace it and
do the coil which looks the same as on the 203 chassis. Am I correct in
assuming that this repair is similar to the 203? Also are the flybacks
on these chassis as troublesome as the 203's were or did they resolve
that issue with these ATC chassis? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics

Just a sequel to the above post. I replaced the HOT and redid the coil
and now when plugging the set in I hear that little chirp which usually
means the SMPS is alive. I then try to power up and it looks like the
HV makes three attempts and then quits. I know this is sparse
information but does this sound like anything common on this set?
Thanks, Lenny

There are some discrete components on this board I can test but there
is also a chip I know noting about. Are there any specific tests I can
make to rule the chip or for that matter the entire board out? Thanks,
Lenny.

Jason D.

On 23 May 2005 19:05:10 -0700, "
wrote:

There are some discrete components on this board I can test but there
is also a chip I know noting about. Are there any specific tests I can
make to rule the chip or for that matter the entire board out? Thanks,
Lenny.

Lenny, this chip is LMxxx dual op amp, you can google for the
datasheet on IC by 'net by typing in part number on that IC by google
LM358 pdf

RCA very often didn't form the legs on that PIN transistor so means
transistor isn't sitting flat on the heatsink and it fries. The 68uF
NP can be bad as well (usually swelled or burst.)

ATC113 and CTC203 is exact same in horizontal circuits, vertical and
power supply. Changed in micro, jungle and video signals which is
more complicated than CTC203!! And different AV boards depending on
models. So your experience in that areas is good.

HOWEVER: When I see a blown HOT and no glue on the L14401 (I think
LL0x in case of ATC113), therefore the flyback transformer is bad as
well. As long as the horizontal cap is good. The PIN circuit rarely
takes out the HOT unless owner ingored the warning signs like a severe
bowed picture too long.

Cheers, Wizard

I finally got a look at the PDF using Adobe Illustrator. Didn't know
that program would work although it is a bit clumsy to use. I noticed
pin 7 off the secondary with the first tap on the winding to ground. No
wonder I read a "short" to ground on pin 7. Boy do I feel stupid! Now
seeing it on the schematic its like the sun just came out.... So there
is no short to ground after pulling the flyback it seems, so the
transformer must be shorted. A new one should be here tomorrow. I'll
still have to try to figure out why RF03 looks like at some point it
had overheated and now reads 220 ohms. Maybe I have a vertical problem
too. Dunno I'll try to get the set up and then see. Lenny Stein, Barlen
Electronics.