dan cordes

Hi Kevin,

All of my woodworking is for pleasure and relaxation. I have a friend
that sells some of my stuff at craft shows and any money taking in goes to
new gadgets or tools. It would be real hard to make a true living at it, but
the bit of extra income gives a bit of flexiblity to buy new toys! Hope this
way of thinking helps your thought process.

Dan

"Kevin" wrote in message
She asked if I was going to sell any of the bowls I make. To be
completely
honest I never gave it a thought. So I have a question. When y'all
started
turning was it more of a hobby, something to do as relaxation, or as an
adjunct to other construction activities? I see it more as relaxation and
an
opportunity to create, as a balance to sitting in front of a computer
screen
7:30 - 5:00 five days a week. I take enjoyment in seeing something
actually
taking shape under my direction within a rather short period of time.
Gardening offers the same although the gratification is spread out over
the
summer.
I give my bowls away as gifts and carted a dozen or so over to China this
past Christmas to hand out to wife's siude of the family. When you first
started thinking about selling, were there doubts about the quality of
your
work and if anyone would actually but the things? Comments are
appreciated.