Harold and Susan Vordos

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
warren wrote:
The other day an article in the newspaper was saying some local
government (bragging) is changing over to the no lead wheel weights. I
guess nation wide they are trying to change the wheel weights from lead
to zinc because of environmental issues. This was based on the fact
that in the article, 13 percent of vehicles loose wheel weights and
they are ground up on the road. Now my question is how the heck did
they come up with the 13 percent number? I have balanced many tires and
never really noticed missing or lost weights. Rebalances are because
less tire rubber and you install smaller weights. So anybody lost their
wheel weights? I think it is another scam by some company trying to
make a buck.

I walk a lot and often notice wheel weights by the side of the road.
Compared to the number that remain attached, though, I would have serious
doubt about 13% coming loose. Maybe just a fnord .. - GWE

Yep!
What Grant said. I, too, have noticed wheel weights, and have picked them
up when convenient. If 13% of the autos were losing them, I'd have tons of
lead, and I don't. They make great bullets for those of us that hand load
for revolvers.

Harold