Fergie

zaax wrote:

A friend of mine did that. They came round and agreed he had a leak and
promptly cut him off. He had to get a corgi registered person to find
the leak and fix it. The leak was in a concrete floor. The acid in the
concrete had attacked the copper pipe.

Same happened to me a few years ago, neighbours smelt gas, called out
BG and no leak found in their house. I was away for a few days luckily
they could get access to a meter detected a drop and cut me off. If
they hadn't the first thing I might have done was walk into the house
and automatically turn on the lights.....BOOM

BG came round and found no leak so they reconnected me. Then a few
weeks later brief whiffs were smelt but yet again BG found nothing.
The fault was eventually traced to a nail on a carpet gripper rod that
had just pierced a gas pipe running under the floor causing the leak
to come and go with temperature change. When the vinyl floor tiles
were lifted the concrete was saturated with gas.

In the days before sds drills I had to chisel by hand the rock hard
concrete out from round the pipe - it took about 5 hours.