Gunner

On Tue, 24 May 2005 08:58:06 -0500, Rex B wrote:

It depends entirely on the dealer. What some dealers are doing now
is charging an annual "maintenance" fee which, over a period of 10
years or so, more than offsets the cost of a hydro test. They may
waive the hydro charge for you but want to bill you a few bux annually
thereafter. I think the annual fee on my argon tank is about 7 bux.
They haven't caught up with me yet on the oxy tank.

They might give you credit on your expired tank on new smaller ones,
less the hydro charge. An advantage to smaller tanks is that
they're not t dated. I know 40's are that way, don't know about
80's. Disadvantage is that the cost to fill them isn't much less
than for larger tanks.

Sounds like Tractor Supply may put a stop to a lot of that nonsense.

On a side note..I had a bottle of O2 a year or two ago, that was
manufactured in 1939, had Nazi proof marks on it. The hydro dates ran
around the bottle. Ive often wondered where that one came from, and
how it got into the system.

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown