ldg

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:35:34 +1000, "Tom Miller"
wrote:

If they are just flat steel plate cut to a shape similar to the one shown
at http://www.strongtie.com/products/co...USTOM_APG.html
then just draw up what you want on a CAD program and find a local laser
cutter to cut them from flat mild steel.
If you supply them a DXF drawing, they don't have to do much except tut it
on the machine and invoice you. This keeps costs down quite well. Laser
cutting is fast and cheap and has more than enough accuracy for your
application. If you can't draw it your self, or get it done locally, draw it
on paper with dimensions,scan it, and email it to me and I'll email you a
DXF format drawing at no charge.

This is a great idea. If I could find a source for Corel or Autocad
compatible metal decoration, I could draw decorative tails on the
brackets - the laser could care less.

Just thinking out loud.

Regards,
Larry