Lane

"Gary Brady" wrote in message
nk.net...
Searcher1 wrote:

I recently got a large tank bout 4 ft tall. ( new at welding ) I got the
tank for free, actually I got 4 tanks. But I really need one filled with
argon for my mig. I went to the local refiller and was told that he nor
anyone else would refill my tank unless I provided proof of purchase.
What gives, Do I have to actually buy a new tank or is this guy pullin my
chain?

Searcher1

It depends on the area. My area is completely open. Bring a bottle in,
somebody grabs it and brings you a full one. No questions asked, no
accounts, no demurrage, no nothing. Bottles can be bought and sold among
individuals. Other places are picky about owner bottles and assume that
if you have it, you stole it. I'd call all the shops in town and find out
if any will fill an owner bottle.

Gary Brady
Austin, TX

Same here, I've dealt with 3 different welding supply shops and no one has
ever asked me.

Lane