Sunworshipper

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:47:50 GMT, "DeepDiver"
wrote:

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news

From the newsstory: (clip) Howe, who was in his early 80s, had just
returned from a trip to buy gasoline for his lawnmower but had also been
trying to fix "a power problem in his truck," Shirley said.(clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Gasoline is one of the most dangerous materials we use, because of its
high vapor pressure, high energy and wide ignition limits.

My guess is that he was trying to pour gasoline down the throat of his
carburetor or throttle body in his truck to try to diagnose whether the
power problem was fuel system related. A very dangerous practice that was
all too common many years ago.

We all know this. Howe surely knew it too.
A moment's inattention cost him his life.

I would say we all SHOULD know this. I still cringe and smack my forehead
whenever I read advice from machinists suggesting the use of gasoline as a
cleaning/degreasing solvent. A flaming accident waiting to happen!

- Michael

Gas is bad , very bad, especially high octane.

Even a shot glass is enough to do alot of damage.

Couple of days ago they let a guy handcuffed in the front get away at
the Hospital for covering his wife and one kid with some extremely
flammable matter and gonna set them on fire. Still haven't found him.
Should put a picture of the cop and the criminal on the paper and we

Not long ago, I heard that a long time friend snapped and got (hear
say) 76 years for something I never thought he was capable of.