Rob Nicholson

All I know is that my Mira Sport was about £140 and if and when it starts
playing up i'll just get a new one. After all, it is about 4 years old.

Ended up getting a replacement 7.5kW one from eBay at an excellent price of
£77 plus £9 delivery. Fitted it last week and it wasn't quite a
like-for-like replacement although both Mira Sport showers:

o Pipe fitting was in different place - fortunately just needed pipe
reducing in length
o Power connector block higher up in shower which meant I had to extend the
30A cable (that stuff is hard to bend)
o Screw fittings in completely different places so had to drill new holes in
tiles (had new tile bits handy)

Ho hum, nothing is ever easy...

On a related but separate topic, I bought a mini-pipe cutter from B&Q in
Sheffield as the one I had was too big to the cut existing pipe in place.
These things are badly designed. It's natural to grip it between thumb and
finger as you rotate it around the pipe. Unfortunately, the pipe cutter
wheel is a fraction of a millimetre proud of the surrounding metalwork. A
fraction of a millimetre proud to slice one's thumb quite neatly...

Rob.