Don Foreman

On Mon, 23 May 2005 21:59:57 GMT, "Searcher1"
wrote:

I recently got a large tank bout 4 ft tall. ( new at welding ) I got the
tank for free, actually I got 4 tanks. But I really need one filled with
argon for my mig. I went to the local refiller and was told that he nor
anyone else would refill my tank unless I provided proof of purchase. What
gives, Do I have to actually buy a new tank or is this guy pullin my chain?

If someone gave them to you, find out where the tanks were registered
in his name. Then go to that place and ask to have the registration
transferred to you. That worked for me.

After I'd done that, then I got them to transfer the registration from
them to a welding store closer to me. They said they do that all the
time, no problem.