Joe AutoDrill

The only advice I can give you is make your website about more than
what you have for sale specifically. Have articles on buying
machinery, use of machines, downloadable manuals for the machines you
sell, pictures of the use of those products, tips and tricks of the
trade. You need to make your site a reference so that you are always
on the mind of the potential buyer. This also makes you an "expert"
which increases the chance that someone will buy from you over another
site that offers nothing.

We are halfway there with many of those items already on the site. I
hesitate to add the articles though because people searching for drill
teams, drill instructors, military drill exercises, etc. all seem to migrate
towards articles since they have such a high word content... But as I've
said before, bandwidth is dirt cheap.

By focusing on these ideas my website is in a position where a search
for "lathe" on google returns my site as the 4th-8th hit, all without
even thinking about ranking my site, but about helping customers.

Just my 2c

$0.02 worth of info is always received gladly here! I'm impressed with your
search engine results with such a broad keyword. I get top 10 almost always
(sometimes 6 of 10) with specialized terms... But a search like "production
drilling" or even just "drill" is hard to come out on top of... In fact,
for "production drilling" we come out as result #10 only through a recent
press release...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.