Joe AutoDrill

I would make up a questionair asking your customers how they look for
machine tools and how they found you. I would send it out with a brand
new dollar bill and suggest that the person responding give the crisp
dollar bill to some deserving boy or girl. I would also include a self
adressed stamed envelope.

I'm relatively sure I know how most of my customers found me because we have
decently long discussions about their application before I sell them a
single piece of equipment... Mostly.

Usually, towards the end of the conversation - after I've promised to send
literature, a quotation with CAD drawings, etc. I ask the question of where
they found us.

Your idea is pretty interesting. If I had a base of customers I didn't know
much about, I'd seriously consider something along those lines. Right now,
I'm sur what is working, but always seeking new ideas too. Thus the thread.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

sigfile removed for this thread