Brian Lawson

Hey Chris,

That's what 3-in-1 oil was made for. Either that, or Singer Sewing
Machine Oil. And years ago there was the very similar Electric Motor
Oil, but that's gone now. There are undoubtedly better and cheaper
things available, but at least you know what's in those cans two
months after you got them!!

Take care.

Brian "Owner of hundreds of oil cans filled with Mystery" Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, 22 May 2005 22:59:37 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick question. What oil would you use in a small motor with
plain bearings? Usually I put SAE 90 oil in larger motors with plain
bearings, and it seems to work fine, but I'm not sure what's best for a
little motor. What do you think?

Best wishes,

Chris