w_tom

Meirman wrote:
Well, I'm sorry to have started something that led to a fight.

My understanding of wtom's first post was that it was just
meant to contrdadict the poster before him who said that
grease was bad. I don't think wtom recommended any specific
good grease, but I also don't think he said any old grease
would be all right.

You did nothing to start a fight. BinaryBill - this time as
Red Cloud - is doing what he does routinely. When he does not
have facts, then he posts insults. There is no fight. There
is just BinaryBill again posting insults. He has a bruised
ego having been repeatedly challenged to provide facts after
claiming to have worked "with Grace Hopper on the original
computer called Eniac in the 1940s" and claiming a spike is a
DC voltage.

My first post was to remind quietguy that George E.
Cawthon had posted one day previous the technical reasons for
grease:
Grease is commonly used in high amp switches to reduce
contact burning/arcing.

George first learned science instead of speculating. That
was the point. One should first learn science rather than
just speculate using "old wive" techniques. A second point:
those who only post insults, never post numbers, and use
numerous aliases do not demonstrate technical knowledge ...
even if he did work with Grace Hopper on the Eniac. Meirman
need not apologize for fictions and insults from BinaryBill -
a.k.a. Red Cloud.