mike hide

"David" wrote in message
You aren't serious, are you Mike?

"As tight as you can get them" isn't the correct way to size a M&T
joint, but I'm betting you already know that...

Dave

mike hide wrote:

"stoutman" wrote in message
. com...

This has probably been asked before, but...

I recently started watching David Marks on DIY. I have yet to see him

cut

"real" tenon. Always loose tenons using a multi router.

Why is this? Is there an advantage to loose tenons that I am unaware

of?
Does he just like to show off his multi router? Are they just easier to
make?

I use to only watch Nahmmy and I have learned 90% of what I know from

him.
Nahmmy "rarely" made loose tenons.

Confused...

dont be confused ,loose tenons are what you make when you cannot make

the
right ones.Tenon are intended to be as tight as you can get them .in the
good old days you would have been out the door if you made loose tenons
...mjh

I meant exactly what I said.

In the past ,and I have furniture to prove it Mand T joints had no glue
,they were secured by pegs anything but a perfect fit would ensure the
structure would "rock" and secondly would soon fail...mjh