Lobby Dosser

Odinn wrote:

I just found plans for a vacuum veneering setup. Looks like something
I'll try in my shop (once I get it all built, that is).
http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/whybuild.htm

According to his site, 30mil is the best vinyl, and you don't want to
run the vacuum pump continuously, but to cycle it using a vacuum
pressure controller since most vacuum pumps have a zero pressure restart
ability (they're unable to restart while under vacuum). The author
claims that 21-23" of mercury is about what is needed for veneering, and
the pump should cycle back on between 17 and 19" of mercury.

Good site.
Just checked, and the Space Bags are only 2.2mil. Oh well ...