Lobby Dosser

"Phillip Hallam-Baker" wrote:

SWMBO's got some stuff stored in a few of them and the pressure

*seems*
to hold just with the valve closure.

Yes but does SWMBO use the amount of pressure required to crush veneer
flat onto a substrate?

OK yes of course she does, and when she packs clothes in a suitcase
she achieves a density only slightly short of neutron star level.

I'm always worried about the potential lawsuits if the catches give way
while the marijuana dog is sniffing it!

But
whether the bag holds at the at level for long enough to glue to dry I
don't know.

I don't either. I'm tempted to snag one of the bags and give it a try.

Someone must have tried using a space bag, but I couldn't find an
example when I googled.

Same here.

As far as cost goes though, you could buy a $600 commercial veneer bag
set up, make the dining table top and still save a bundle over what
the solid mahoghany top would cost you... Even more so if you flogged
the equipment on ebay afterwards.

Ebay creates an interesting new tool dynamic. The cost of tool rental
for a day is exhorbitant, sometimes a quarter of the cost of a tool,
but if you only need it once it is cheaper. Ebay means that you can
justify the cost of the tool with SWMBO as being cheaper than renting
since you could in theory sell it again on Ebay, or at least you can
in theory in practice SWMBO will point out eventually that you never
do sell the tool afterwards and moreover one does not have a degree in
rocket science from MIT to work that out.

I've tried that angle. Doesn't work. Response precisely as you stated
"but you never do ...". Usually followed by reciting a list of the stuff
that I "could always sell later on ebay ..." and is still on the
premises.