Eric R Snow

On Sat, 21 May 2005 14:45:19 -0500, "Tiziano"
wrote:

I need to permanently bond together threaded male and female 316 SS rods. I
use Loctite 271 Threadlocker to do it but, for complicated reasons, it is
not working out very well. Do you know of any other product that offers a
stronger bond?
(welding or staking of the rods are not options...)
Thanks.
----
Tiziano

Greetings Tizano,
I recently had a threaded joint fail using loctite 271. This was the
first time it had happened to me. Since time was of the essence and I
was the engineer of this project I re-threaded the shaft and the
extension with left hand threads since the rotation of the system
would tighten left-hand threads. If you can go this route it may be
just the type of fix you need. There is also an adhesive called
ROCKSETT. I've never used it but have been told by folks who have that
it works very well. Just use Google to find a seller.
ERS