Pete Keillor

On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:52:15 GMT, "Diamond Jim"
wrote:

"DanG" wrote in message
Have you tried cleaning both pieces with acetone or some such and
just forcing them tight? My experience with stainless fasteners
is that they gall together so tight you will break the bolts
before budging the nut. My experiences were with 5/8 diameter
bots and nuts, got to where we dreaded having to change anything.

Yeah I was gonna say that I don't have any problems getting Stainless to
gall together so tight you don't need locktight.

Yep, same here. Just screw 'em together dry.

Pete Keillor