Doctor Evil

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:48:16 +0100, "Doctor Evil"
wrote:

"Nick Atty" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 21 May 2005 13:58:49 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Cheap Stillsons are usually a waste of space. The jaws ain't hard

enough,
and as you say the pivot pin may break. So you use a decent quality

larger
pair instead of the scaffold pole.

I've got a 3' (approx) Stillson - who needs scaffolding pole?

Ok - we actually got it for the distance the jaws open - it's perfect
for the nut on the stern gland on our canal boat, which must be over 3"
diameter. You don't really need much leverage.

It's ancient, slightly rusty, and cost a few quid from a market stall.

And chews up the nut. Use the right tool for the right job.

Definitely. Such as a pipe cutter for plastic pipe for example....

Pipe cutters are not used on plastic pipe.

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 120,000 groups
Unlimited download