Swingman

"David" wrote in message

His delivery is stilted, like when a non-actor is
required to stand in front of a camera to recite some lines of dialog.

Don't this as derogatory, but this has been brought up a few times in the
past and, merely from an observational viewpoint, I've always thought it
strange that many folks seem to be uncomfortable unless they have polished,
actor delivered lines on TV.

I am beginning to wonder if this is possibly the natural reaction of a
generation raised on TV from a young age. Could be that because we didn't
own one until I was twelve, my perceptions in this regard aren't as finely
tuned as yours, and my expectations regarding polished delivery much lower.

To me, what you see as "stilted" is not surprising (and actually more "real"
and believable then the slick talking, pretty boy, DIY carpenters with
nothing but their buns to recommend them for the job) since DJM is so
obviously not an actor, and apparently delivering lines exactly as he is
required to do.

Again, just an off-the-cuff observation on a issue that has been brought up
a few times before.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/05