Ralph Mowery

"toller" wrote in message
No such thing as 220v or 230v, only 240v; which some people insist on
calling almost anything. However, you are thinking of 208v, which is two
legs of three phase; but since you don't have 3 phase, it really doesn't
matter.

What voltage is 208 using two out of three legs of ? It is usually a 208
three phase system. YOu take two legs off that and get the nominal 110
volts. Not to get hung up on what to call it but whenever I hear
110,115,120 and not often but sometimes 125 volts mentioned I think of it as
the voltages the normal outlets in the home have been called over the years.
Same as for the 220 to 240 volts. But I don't think that the 208 has ever
been mentioned except as a 3 phase circuit and is not found in normal
residential service.