The Real Tom

On Wed, 4 May 2005 08:32:26 -0500, "Ray" wrote:

The previous owner of my home burried some Romex to power up a pool pump and
he ran a branch to a receptacle for a non existent sheded off this to
provide a receptacle to a non existent shed.

I like to do some trenching in my yard to run conduit to a workshop that I
built but want to avoid the existing romex.

Is there a way/device to help me find the burried romex. I tried a metal
detector and after adjusting the sensitivity it still picks up a lot of
stray stuff in my yard and does not give me a clear picture of the location
of the romex.

Thanks,

You left out some things, do you want to keep the power and just
trying to be safe while 'trenching'? Do you think your 'trenching' is
deep enough to catch any burred wires?

Have you found the ends of their burried cable?

tom