mike ring

Default Push button flush on toilet cistern?

(phil) wrote in news:409922cf.28244473
@news.individual.net:

Are push button flushes on toilet cisterns generally any good, or is
it best to stick to the standard handle?

B&Q (at
www.diy.co.uk) have one but I'm wondering if there would be
any issues fitting it to a relatively new cistern.

Ta,
Phil

If you mean the flap valve type.....

First, you will need to remove the cistern to exchange the syphon for the
new flush.

Not particularly difficult; but I _needed_ to do something to trigger the
change.

It seems to flush better. But I'm a bit worried about the system - in the
commissioning, ths flap valve stuck open once or twice. It was easlily
adjusted, but as I'm on a meter I sometimes wake in a cold sweat thinking
about it!

If you want to change, think about the inlet side as well - I use a
fluidmaster (I theenk... it's been some time) and like it, but there are
apparently better ones, with a bit of luck about which out you will soon
find; (we're a bit pedantic about our granma these days)

mike