Jim Desrosiers

Thanks Leonard,
I appreciate the reply. No, I don't have a scope, much less understand the
color circuit. At this point, I'm ready to just send the module in and have
it repaired/replaced . . . the kids are about to stage a revolt at this
point and I need it done ASAP. I think Rono's reply is on the right track.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message
Do you have a scope and do you understand the operation of the color
circuit? If so, it is likely an easy diagnosis. If not it will be hit
and
miss and you will possible waste a lot of effort. You can send the
chassis
to Tri State Module for repair and return for about $95 + shipping if that
is easier than bringing the set to a tech.

Leonard

"Jim Desrosiers" wrote in message
I own an RCA Colortrak Model# F27678BC which has chassis# CTC187AJ.

Problem: No chroma. The screen menu color is fine but the picture is B&W
only. The picture is sharp and has good contrast otherwise.

I am fairly comfortable with my soldering technique and was wondering if
this might be a simple repair. Any photos, schematic or wiring diagrams
would be helpful.

I'm open to taking the unit to a repair facility but the closest repair

shop
is 3.5 hours away. I live in rural Maine so any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Jim Desrosiers