David

Your discussion with him bears out my perception then; he IS awkward
with the dialog. Too bad he isn't given full control over the content.
Now that I know he is on 204 (DIY), I check the schedule each day in
order not to miss his show; his work is an inspiration. I especially
liked the mirror frame episode last week. I chuckle when he runs a
piece over his aircraft carrier deck...ahem...jointer, or uses his other
out-of-the-average-woodworker's price range and/or space limitations
equipment. Drooling is required when watching his show. g

Dave

Jane & David wrote:

In article ,
David wrote:

Do any of you also find David's delivery "forced" and unnatural?

Dave

Yes, I do, too. But I talked to him at a show last year and found him to
be a nice, normal person. He said that the producers have some strong
opinions about what he says and he often finds himself saying things in
a way he would never do if he could choose. That especially applies to
many of the puns and jokes that he uses. He said that some of that stuff
is just plain embarrassing.

But I sure like his show. His work is beautiful.

PDX David